Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Stromboli Recipe!

RecipeZaar has got to be my favorite recipe website. It's the first place I turn when I'm looking for a new recipe. And of all the recipes we've tried, I can't think of any that we haven't liked! I'm going to start a list of fave recipes on here but here's one to start!

I bought a roll of Hot Sausage last week to use as a topping for my personal pizza. I wanted to find a recipe to use the rest (well I still have a little left...) and I found this recipe for Stromboli and we made it tonight. It is definately a keeper! Everyone loved it. Super-picky, eats like a bird Hannah even ate her whole piece!

I made a few changes though. I've never used frozen bread dough so I followed the reviewer and used refrigerated. I was a bit worried because I thought it would roll out bigger but It turned out perfect (I wasn't even sure what stromboli was supposed to look like...LoL) I didn't have the individual spices so I substituted garlic salt and Italian seasoning. The toppings I used were browned hot sausage, turkey pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms and a little cheddar/moz cheese. It was so yummy! We'll definately make it again!


Photobucket

No comments: