Thursday, April 16, 2009

5 Things I'm Thankful For!

My wonderful friend, Elizabeth, posted on her blog today about 5 things she's thankful for. I thought that was a wonderful thing to do and wanted to remind myself of all the wonderful things in my life. Jason and I have had some ups and downs in the past few years and things are finally starting to look up for us. But right when we were getting ahead, I blew a hole in my motor in my car (well the motor blew a hole in itsself!). And you know what? We stayed positive. We were at a loss on what to do but we figured it out and the car is fixed! We used our house savings but we're still chugging along and determined to get that house!

Anyway, I want to post 5 things I'm thankful for today!

1. I have a husband who I can honestly say I'm completely myself with. In the past, I've changed for men in relationships. I've hid my likes and tried to only be interested in theirs. I haven't changed for Jason...I've changed because of him. I've learned a lot about myself and realized who I am and what I enjoy doing. We have different hobbies (trains for him, books for me) and we're ok with that. I'm not a big fan of his hobby (and he's not a big reader) but we respect our differences.

2. I have two little girls who really are good kids. I get frustrated with them but that's my own fault. They're actually very warm, loving, pretty well behaved kids. They make me want to be a better parent and really focus on enjoying time with them.

3. I love my job. It's not ultimately my career (well sorta...I don't want to be a secretary forever...but I plan on working as a nurse! LoL) choice but it's shown me that I made the right choice in going back to school to become an RN. With past jobs, I hated going to work every day. My bosses were awful and I hated my job. There was no respect and no positive feedback. At the hospital, the only reason I don't want to go in the morning is the drive! LoL My bosses, doctors and nurses tell me constantly that I'm great at my job. It's an amazing feeling. And it tells me that I'm going to be a great nurse!

4. I'm thankful that Jason and I have the same goals right now. It's not just one of us who wanted another baby or who's working to save for a house. We're in the same place which makes things much easier. We're partners, through and through.

5. I'm thankful that this school semester is half over! I over did it with classes I don't need and I'm so tired. Between going back to work FT and taking classes I don't want to take, it's very frustrating. It make take me longer to get my RN but I'm going to take one class a semester until I get into the program. And hopefully during the day. I can't stand having to go at night on the only day I have off with the kids! Only 2 more months left!

What are you thankful for today?




Photobucket

No comments: