Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday~ 8/23/10



We're back from vacation! We spent the past week in Mammoth with my family so no menu plans or blogging! (Though we did do a few Alphabet Art projects to be posted later!) After a week of eating junk food and takeout, plus a bout with the stomach flu, I'm SO glad to be back to menu planning. And we're focusing on eating healthier so I can lose this baby weight. Though even with all the junk I ate last week, I still lost 4lbs in 10 days! Must've been the flu!

Since about mid-pregnancy, I've been on a Mexican food kick. That meant we've been eating Tacos, Taquitos or Enchiladas at least once a week (usually twice!). Jason's pretty sick of Mexican now so I promised when we got back from Mammoth (and to an empty fridge), I'd do at least a week of new meals. :) So I'm trying new recipes this week! But now I'm craving tacos so they may just end up on next week's menu!

Here's our plan for this week!

Sunday 8/22- Laughing Cow Chicken Cordon Bleu , Noodles, Broccoli (This was a HUGE hit. The girls amd Jason loved it. I'm bumed that I wasn't feeling that great and was only able to eat a tiny bit.)

Monday 8/23- Baked Lemon Herb Tilapia, Brown Rice, Asparagus, Hollandaise Sauce

Tuesday 8/24-Takeout (2 Kiddos have Well Child appts and then we have to go straight to Hannah's CheerBear registration...maybe I should get Subway and put it in a cooler to bring with us. It's at least healthier then Burger King...the only fast food near their dr!)

Wednesday 8/25- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches (Crockpot), Tatertots, Corn on the Cob (Still trying to decide which recipe to use for the pulled pork. I've never made or even eaten it before. Any recommendations would be wonderful!)

Thursday 8/26- Chicken Piccata, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli

Friday 8/27- Leftovers (Hopefully there are some!)

Head over to OrgJunkie for more menus!

No comments: