Thursday, July 10, 2008

Enjoying Being a Homemaker!

Less than a year ago, I was unemployed (for over a year total), struggling with having a toddler and a newborn and just feeling like I wasn't cut out to be a SAHM. I started working PT in January and am off 7 days out of every 14. After I got used to working again, I realized I really enjoy being home on my days off. I'm still not the best at housework/cleaning but most days I don't really mind cleaning. It's nice having a clean house when we go to bed! I'm meal planning like crazy and have even starting baking/making new meals every week. The kis and I go to the library every Thursday and I try to do new projects with Hannah. I'm finally enjoying being a homemaker!

I've realized my problem last year was that I was under so much stress trying to find a job that I just couldn't focus on enjoying being home. Now I have more of a plan and I'm really glad I decided to go back to school to be a nurse. Not only will I be doing what I love (hopefully working with babies in the NICU) but I'll be able to be with my kids and trying to give them the best home life possible!

I feel so much better that I'm at least heading in the right direction. It's not easy having kids so young (I had just turned 21 when I had Hannah.) but I think I'm starting to finally figuring out how to balance things!

Though I gotta say, you have to have a lazy day once in a while...hence the pile of clean laundry sititng next to me waiting to be folded while I write this!! LoL

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I totally understand. I was depressed staying home a couple years ago. I felt like someone stole my identity. I still cleaned, but I resented having to do so. Then, my dad was visiting and he commented about my perfect shower door and how it didn't have a speck of waterspot on it. I overheard him say something about how great of a homemaker I am and how good at my "job" that I was. That's when I realized that I hadn't given up having a job... I already had one and I was great at it! My mentality changed thanks to Dad and now I just love being great at my job :) I read a quote once that said the difference between being a housewife and a homemaker is attitude.