Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Own Pantry Challenge

While looking at Laura's Menu Plan Monday post, I've noticed a lot of mom's doing a "Pantry Challenge". It looks like most of them are trying to cut grocery costs and whittle down their pantry stock. Money's pretty tight for us for at least two weeks so I decided to do a little "Pantry Challenge" of my own!

I just took an inventory of what I have in the freezer/pantry/spice cabinet and am going to try and figure out 2 weeks of meals using mainly those ingredients. I'm hoping to keep my grocery bill under $50 each week for the next 2 weeks. (Not including formula since I have no choice on that one!)

I'm also using coupons again, but there were no coupons at all in today's paper! Grr! I'm going to go get the LA Times later and hopefully there will be some in that one.

Wish me luck!

No comments: