Monday, January 5, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



Read other daybooks at Simple Woman.


For Today: January 5, 2009

Outside my window...
It's freezing! Well at least for SoCal...cold enough to turn on the heater and fireplace as soon as we walked in the door!


I am thinking... About what needs to be done tonight. Definitely need to write the grocery list for tomorrow…probably not much more than that!

I am thankful for... My little girls. It was so nice to see how excited they were when I picked them up from daycare today.


From the kitchen... We just had a snack of crackers and cheese to tide us over until dinner. I’m making tacos tonight and using my nifty new chopper to mince carrots to put in the meat. They’ll never know!!


I am wearing... My scrubs and a sweatshirt. I haven’t changed from work yet.


I am going... nowhere tonight. We’ll be going grocery shopping first thing in the morning though because we’re out of juice and milk!


I am reading... Eclipse (Twilight Series) for the 2nd time. A friend of mine said she’s reading them much slower this time around and I agree. It’s taking a lot longer to read this time but I still love it. I’ll be on to Breaking Dawn tonight or tomorrow. Afterwards, I think I’ll re-read the Eragon series again!


I am hoping... They post the jobs for the new local hospital soon. I want to work FT close to home SO badly!


I am creating... Nothing…I’d like to start writing again soon.


I am hearing... Dragon Tales on TV. The girls and I have had a LONG day (I was up at 4:15 to get them ready for daycare…ugh!) and we’re relaxing before dinner.


Around the house... Is a TON of junk. The house seems to be so messy lately. Probably because we had a week off and stayed home most of the time. I’m ready to do a deep clean tomorrow!


One of my favorite things... Relaxing in the bathroom with the shower running while reading a good book. I know it’s a total waste of water but it’s something that’s been my favorite thing to do since I was a kid. The sound/steam etc is so relaxing!


A few plans for the rest of the week... I’m off until Friday so we’re grocery shopping and cleaning. Our cracked window is being replaced Wednesday. Hannah and I decided to have a picnic lunch in the living room one day since it’s too cold to go outside much.



Photobucket

No comments: