Sunday, December 14, 2008

Menu Plan Monday~ 12/14/08

I missed MPM last week! I did a menu plan (how could I grocery shop without one?) and we sorta followed it but I never posted it. We haven't stuck to a menu plan completely in a while and things are going to be so hectic until Christmas, I'm sure we won't stick to one until the New Year!

DH is going to be SWAMPED from now until Christmas in order to get shipment of race cars out by Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, that means he'll be working 10-12 hour days from tomorrow until the 24th, including the weekend! Not very good for my menu planning (the extra money rocks though! LoL). So I'm trying to stick to simple meals or meals that reheat easily for when DH gets home (or to take as leftovers the next day).

We're also going to be baking this week (and next). Kinda just for the heck of it. I'll take some to work because the busy folks in the ER sure like cookies! The stuff we make next week will be for Christmas day and to take to Hannukah at my dad's as gifts to my step-brothers families. We're making the basic sugar cookies etc. but also going to buy a candy themometer to make fudge from scratch! My mom always made it growing up and it was never creamy, always crumbly (but SO good). We'll see how I fare! I'll post the recipe next week and let you know if mine turned out!

Sunday 12/14: Chicken Potpie
Monday 12/15: Breakfast Bake
Tuesday 12/16: Chili (Freezer), Cornbread
Wednesday 12/17: Crockpot Roast, Carrots, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy
Thursday 12/18: Roast Beef Sandwiches
Friday 12/19: Grilled Cheese, Soup
Saturday 12/20: Take Out
Sunday 12/21: Chicken Parm, Spaghetti
Monday 12/22: Hotdogs, Chips, Fruit

Head on over to OrgJunkie for more menu plans!!

Photobucket

No comments: